We are searching for a curious, entrepreneurial Business Development Coordinator (summer position).
Posting End Date: February 28, 2023
At Delphic Research, we are on a mission to disrupt the business of government affairs. We are building an on-demand knowledge service that acquires, tracks, analyzes, and transforms large-scale information sets into bespoke, actionable insights for government affairs professionals.
If you have been searching for an opportunity bring new thinking and technology to challenge the status quo, Delphic Research is the organization for you.
Learn more about us at www.delphicresearch.ca
We are searching for a curious, entrepreneurial Business Development Coordinator (summer position). This position will support the Sales & Marketing work of Delphic Research, support lead generation and outreach with prospective clients, as well as help enhance our approach to creating a unique, tailor-made experience, for each and every customer.
The successful applicant will help tell the story of Delphic Research, supporting the work of team leaders in engaging with prospective clients.
Delphic Research's summer positions are also intended to maximize career learning opportunities for post-secondary students and recent graduates. The successful applicant will join a team of curious individuals, participating in group discussions, workshops, and assigned readings to expand the breadth of their knowledge. The participants will also develop skills with cloud-based team collaboration technology, project-based collaboration, and team communication imperatives and methods. Each position will involve a capstone project, presented at the end of the summer.
Duration: 35 hours per week for 16 weeks (May 8 – August 25)
• Assist in overseeing the development of our sales pipeline, marketing strategies, case studies, and the development of highly customized sales collateral;
• Assist with proposal writing and presentations for prospective clients;
• Support the development of mid-funnel channels;
• Manage sales software to support the organization’s inbound and outbound prospects;
• Developing / improving external in-bound marketing content in close coordination with Communications and Marketing team;
• Engage with prospective clients from the earliest phases of their customer journey;
• Develop and refine databases related to sales activities;
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
Preference given to those currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate program;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
• A basic understanding of marketing and advertising.
• Experience with social selling and using sales tools (ex: CRM);
• A basic understanding of Canadian politics/public policy;
• Sales experience in a B2B enterprise;
• Experience in delivering presentations and facilitating engaging conversations.
• Maturity and Professionalism;
• Intellectual curiosity with evidence of problem-solving capabilities;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently;
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Having a critical eye for the aesthetic of written documentation and visual content.
• Statement of Interest including introduction of yourself (within 500 words)
E-mail application documents to email@example.com, stating in the subject “Application - Business Development Coordinator (Summer)”.
Interviews will take place during the month of March.
$17 per hour
Summer Job Experience
Delphic Research is an interdisciplinary team with a wide range of knowledge and experience that continues to provide immense value to our collective learning and direction. As entrepreneurs, we recognize that many of the greatest innovations come from a wide range of perspectives, challenging the status quo and providing opportunities to explore new ideas.
Diversity is part of our DNA at Delphic Research. Regardless of race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, we embrace candidates who believe in striving for excellence in all their endeavours and provide unique insights to our creative team.